Ruth Hock - Director / Head Instructor
Originally from Canada, Ruth started her Taekwondo journey primarily because it was a part of her Korean heritage.
Sooner than later, the hobby turned into her way of life.
Now, years later, her passion for the martial art has only strengthened. With this continued growth and recently becoming
a mother of two beautiful little girls, Ruth has decided to hang her athlete shoes to use her skill and knowledge to teach others.
Sport Taekwondo is a strong asset of Ruth's and she has a wealth of experience to share with her students from her trainings
with numerous international/Olympic athletes and coaches. However, Ruth believes that traditional taekwondo is always a must,
to develop the individual's technique, attitude and understanding of the martial art. Hence, traditional and sport taekwondo will be treated equally at ATA.
Ruth is also an accredited personal trainer and group fitness instructor and incorprates fun and challenging fitness drills in adult classes.
- 6th Dan Kukkiwon Black Belt
- Internationally Qualified Coach
- SA Taekwondo Board Member
- National Performance Pathway SA Head Coach (via AIS)
- years Taekwondo experience
- Over years of coaching and instructional experience
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Shadow Team Member
- 2019/2018 Grand Prix Athlete (Chiba, Sofia, Taoyuan)
- 2019 Indian Open Gold Medalist and Pacific Games Gold Medalist
- Member of 2009 and 2017 World Championship team
- Oceania Region 2016 Bronze Medal
- Oceania Region 2016 Presidents Cup Silver Medal
- 2008 Olympic Shadow Team Member
- AIS (Australia Institute of Sport) Previous Scholarship Holder
- SASI (South Australian Institute of Sport) Previous Scholarship Holder
- Numerous International, National and State Championship Titles - Australia
- US Open Poomsae Gold Medalist, 2002 and 2003
- Numerous National and Provincial Championship Titles - Canada
- Member of 2002 Canadian Junior World Championships team
- Coach for 2002 Junior National Championships
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree (Flinders University)
- Bachelor of Health Sciences Degree (Flinders University)
- Certificate III in Fitness - Group Fitness (AIF)
- Certificate IV in Fitness - Personal Training (AIF)
- Performance Boxing Accredited
- Les Mills – RPM certified
- Les Mills – Body Combat certified
- Senior first aid and CPR certified
- Working With Children Check SA (WWCC)